Class Response: September 20th, 2018

Today's class on a scale of 1 to 10 was a 7 for me. It had nothing to do with the content of the class but more of how I'm doing in the class. Today was the end of the week for my Journalism 1 class, (since I have Journalism every white day). So that means, current events quiz, yay! (sarcasm) Current events is some thing I know how to check about whats going on in the country, but not for local news, in Kentucky. So usually when one of those questions about Kentucky pops up I recognize some names in places but I didn't hear nor see it in the news so I have to take my best shot and guess. But that's a mistake on my part which I am trying to fix by using different news stations/apps. So for next week my plan is to listen to NPR more often (the Louisville station) so that I can obtain some type of news for what's going in the state. Now we didn't spend the whole time doing the current events quiz but we also took the "Mr. Miller's In-Famous One Question Quiz" which usually aren't to bad. The topic was what we focused on this week which was the past of journalism, and the question was also very similar to my response to last class, which was pretty cool. After we were done with the quiz Mr. Miller told us everyone was gonna share what they wrote (at least one thing) about how your lives would be different without Gutenberg or anyone else's idea of the printing press. For once when he said we had to share I wasn't nervous because I actually understood the topic at hand and thought my response was pretty creative. Well it turns out the one time I wanted my name to be called out of that deck of cards was the one time that it didn't get called. As everyone shared their ideas it made me think harder about how less sophisticated our lives would have been without being able to obtain information, read, or write. It really showed how all three of those effect our life in all places. As more people responded someone shared what I was going to say, but I ended up thinking of a way to change it up so that my idea would be different, but the bell rang before my name ever got called on.

Comments

Popular Posts