Class Response: September 10th, 2018

Today's class wasn't really something that interested me at all, and I probably wasn't even fully focused in class today. Last time we were in class we talked about mass communication in general such as what it is and examples of it. Today's class was about what makes up mass communication, basically the content of mass communication.  Some examples we learned about included hot and cool media. Hot media is things that require your full attention, vs cool media which is things that don't require your full attention. I understood hot and cool media pretty well because that's something I experience daily. When I'm reading a new article on my phone I have to pay full attention to what's happening so I can retain information. But if I'm listening to the news on my phone, I can do that while I'm getting dressed because it doesn't require full attention, but I could give it my full attention. After that I kind of started to blank out but I took some notes of other examples of the contents of mass communication. I usually don't enjoy the sit and listen type of discussions, but then again I could have added something but I didn't have much to say, since most of what was saying was what I was thinking upon. But for next time I have that problem I could probably contribute my ideas or try and mentally connect my ideas to other people whom are sharing.

Comments

Popular Posts